Wet hair looks longer. That is because your hair strands absorb water making it more elastic. So when wet, your hair and hair extensions are very prone to breakage! To safeguard your hair or extensions you have to be very gentle on wet hair: avoid overcombing and use the right products and tools: 5 tips to get your started…
1. Brush your hair with a quality brush BEFORE you wash it. Also do this when you have curly or African-American (Afro) hair. This will reduce the need for detangling in the shower when your hair is wet and very fragile. Just find a brush that matches your hair type. This is also important for hair extensions whether clip-in or permanent.
2. Use a quality conditioner after your shampoo. Your hair will not need that much detangling after your shower. Choose one without silicon as this is better for nature but also for healthy hair and scalp.
3. In the shower gently detangle your hair with your fingers when you apply conditioner.
4. Choose a high quality detangling hairbrush if you need to detangle your hair after washing. First towel dry your hair or hair extensions and then brush starting at the ends working your way up. The best hairbrushes for detangling without causing breakage? Check them out here. Our founder and author of "The complete guide to healthy hair" (free copy available on this website). Our founder uses the Mistletoe hairbrush on her own and her daughters wet hair.
5. Let your hair dry naturally for a while before using heat styling, so you don’t have to overheat your hair to get it to dry.